The Register of Deeds is a county-wide position, so all registered voters in Buncombe County can vote for this office. The Register of Deeds serves a four-year term.
Primary Election Day: March 15
General Election Day: November 8
Register to Vote:
- If you are not yet registered to vote please click here to fill out a voter registration form or stop by Buncombe County Election Services located at 77 McDowell Street, in downtown Asheville, NC.
- If you would like to see if your voter registration information is up to date click here.
More information about Voter Registration qualifications:
According to the NC State Board of Elections, a person must meet the following qualifications to register:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a resident of the county, and prior to voting in an election, must have resided at his or her residential address for at least 30 days prior to the date of the election.
- Must be at least 18 years old or will be 18 by the date of the next general election. (If 17 years old, persons may register no earlier than 60 days prior to the date of the primary election for the general election.)
- Must not be serving a sentence for a felony conviction (including probation or on parole). If previously convicted of a felony, the person’s citizenship rights must be restored. Citizenship and voting rights are automatically restored upon completion of the sentence. No special document is needed.
- Must rescind any previous registration in another county or state.